Dentistry for kids
Dentistry for kids should be a fun experience. Introduce a young child to the dentist asap. This is to ensure that he or she becomes familiar with the dental clinic. They will understand the importance of maintaining their teeth. Before they picked up some horror stories at pre-school and dental treatment becomes a challenging task. Our objective when treating children is to make sure that any dntal problems are nipped in the bud. Parents/caregivers have a role in instituting good habits in the child and educating them as dental health is part of total health.
How would we manage your child.
1 First, we would familiarize the child with the clinic and the dental chair.
2 Introduce to him or her basic check up instruments to gain the child's confidence.
3. Do a thorough check up and charting.
4. Try to get scaling/polishing done on this visit
5. Explain and show common dental problems like decay.
6. If co-operative, attempt to treat any decay. Topical cream would be used to reduce pain before any injection.
7. We will teach him or her the correct tooth brushing technique and advise parents about care of teeth where sweet foods are concerned.
8. A six montly check up is strongly recommended to review the child's oral care.